Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Catchin' Up with The Man Crew

Hey everyone, I sure blogged a BUNCH in January, didn't it? Hopefully it wasn't overwhelming for you. I'm so enjoying having the time to blog more these days and with my new Little Things posts and the Pantry Challenge, I logged many posts over the past few weeks. It's been a while since I did a Catchin' Up post, so I thought you might all enjoy a broader scope of post that covers a little bit of everything and everyone.

Dan: Dan is home Home HOME!!
He is finished with the job on Eunice and he is delighted to be home again. Doesn't hurt my feelings either. *winks* He is keeping busy by working out with The BIGS and Ricky, building a deck for a friend's nursery/landscaping business, helping Dastroyah with motorcycle projects and building a bedroom suite for some friends from our beloved community group. We're enjoying the simple things like hanging out and watching Netflix together. 


Kristy: Kristy is cooking, baking, creating!
I am back to my regular schedule at work; M, T, W, and Friday from 8-2:30 and Th until 4. I'm well again after last month's flu business and I'm excited to have done so well on Pantry Challenge 2018. Only $143 spent on food last month and it was almost all fresh dairy and produce. And surprisingly, we aren't going hungry. LOL!I had fun rolling up my sleeves and digging into the kitchen work again, after Nov and Dec left me on a first name basis with the pizza delivery man and every McDonald's in town. I played paper with a friend, saw a musical concert with Mom, toured the local art museum, had lunch with friends, slept in a time or two and in general remembered how to use a Saturday. 'Twas glorious, I tell you! I pulled some books off of shelves and am in the midst of 6 books right now (no wonder I'm always confused, HA) and am hoping to surpass my goal of 52 books this year. It has been fun learning how to use my newly acquired free time. I've noticed that with the addition of a smart phone to my life a few years back, I don't read nearly as much and my attention span has diminished greatly. So this year I am working on getting my attention span back up to snuff and remembering that I had hobbies before FB and smart phones entered my life. This MAY be the year I finally get back to scrap booking!

Dastroyah: Dastroyah is doing his "life's work"
Dastroyah is in the thick of the competitive season with his little men and they are kicking butt and taking names. He is SO proud of them and all their hard work. He and  Hercules are currently working on 3 new-to-him dirt bikes in the hopes of flipping them and turning a profit. His Datsun project parts should be arriving this week and he will then start that project. His motorcycle is running again and he is SO over-the-moon about that. His little potato puppy is growing like crazy and is still so cute! He, Dan, PattyCakes and Nathan have been out off-roading several times this past month and always come home with some terrifyingly adventurous tales to share. Manly bonding and all that. *winks* 

PattyCakes: Pat is working, lounging, repairing. 
Pat is enjoying a slightly less busy season now that holiday camps at the gym are done until Spring Break rolls around. He and Nathan are currently enjoying some uninterrupted video game time since neither of them had to work any birthday parties today. His little car, aptly named "Gold Digger" is taking on a new shine as he has a bit more time to spend fussing over her. He recently overhauled his room and magically found more than 20 of my kitchen towels/reusable napkins, donated an entire basket of clothes to the thrift store, and shared some old toys/games with DT. I think he's enjoying his abode a good bit more now that it's less cluttered and more inviting. 

Derek: DT is schooling, playing, gaming. 
Derek is cruising through school with Titus and even though it took a while to get back in the groove after the holidays, they are doing quite well again. Jodi and I are so pleased with his/their progress this year. He is enjoying time after work (once his chores are finished) to just sit and play video games as our much fuller school schedule this year is consuming nearly all of his time while we are at work. (Last year we were LUCKY to get an hour at the school tables, this year he's averaging 4+) And especially since he's no longer on the gymnastics team, he has some free time to enjoy. His game playing skills, in board games and video games, are improving. In fact, he beat CHARLIE at a game of chess just last month. He's still quite intrigued by MineCraft and will play that as long as I let him. We updated his chores at the beginning of the year, much to his chagrin, and he's now emptying the DW every day, caring for all the pets except the actual feeding of the snakes, making sure the trash and recycling aren't overflowing in the house and getting them to the street for trash pick up day, doing his own laundry and keeping his game 'cubby' neat and tidy. Not that he hasn't capable of any of that for quite some time, but sometimes being the baby of the family has it's perks. LOL! Soon, he's going to start planning, shopping for and preparing one simple meal a week.

 Everyone Else: 
Karen is on temporary disability as her anxiety and several other health issues are interfering with her ability to do her job properly. She's "enjoying" the time off by spending copious hours a week at doctor appointments and therapies. I'm delighted to see her taking such steps to take back control of her health.
Mom is still here in Cruces, but after a move to escape the rats at her first apartments, she's not enjoying her second apartment much more (disruptive/scary neighbors). Poor thing, she may never come back. But her birthday is coming up this month and we are eagerly anticipating a celebration of that before she heads back to the frozen tundra.
Alex is doing very well after his motorcycle accident last fall. He's walking and driving and gaming and rebuilding engines and doing all the things he used to do, which is wonderful considering he should still be sitting in a wheel chair according to the doctors. Prayer works, y'all.
Nathan is nearing the end of his high school career and has admitted to having a serious case of senioritis, but is aware that he needs to keep his grades from slipping if he wants to get a scholarship to play football at the college level next year.

Prayer Requests:

  • Either steady side job work or an actual job offer on something local for Dan.
  • Continued enthusiasm for the school year for Kristy. It's about this time of year when the "I-don't-want-to-do-this-anymore" feeling kicks in. (I blame the warm weather and sunshine)
  • Same for Derek and for more reading progress. And for new friends, now that he isn't in gym anymore.
  • For Dastroyah to know how many projects are enough, so that he doesn't feel like he's trying to juggle flaming chainsaws ALL.OF.THE.TIME. 
  •  For Pat to decide if/when he wants to go to school, or if he wants to join the adult workforce with a full time job. 
  • For my mother's continued safety while she is here.
  • Karen to continue to fight to get well.
    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...