Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, February 5, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 36

 I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • It's Haircut Night at the Man Crew House, which means 3 handsome boys all have new haircuts, which makes this mama very happy indeed.
  • In related hair-cutting news, I love that special time every few weeks when the boys are required to sit still and talk to me for a few minutes while I cut their hair. It's a time when they share their life in a way they don't often slow down long enough to do otherwise. This week, Dastroyah told me about how God was speaking to him this week and how he was taking some actions to follow the word from God. Now, THAT makes a mama smile. 
  • It's starting a new TV series via the Netflix DVD option that I think Dan and I will both enjoy. (Now to get the next disc here in a hurry, glad the warehouse is close.)
  • It's being well rested enough these days to make a habit of getting up early before work and not only enjoying some quiet all to myself, but getting a few things accomplished so I can enjoy the evenings with the family. 
  • It's dreaming about what to do with the few dollars that will be left over from our tax refund after we do the responsible things. *grins*
  • It's a handsome hubby who shows up with dinner in hand so I can take the evening off of kitchen duty after a month of Pantry Challenge.
  • It's looking forward to the return of our beloved Community Group, which has been on extended hiatus since the holidays.
  • It's a son who is complaining less about his new chore load. (Future wife of his, you're welcome for a man that knows how to do all.the.things. around the house.)

What's on YOUR little things list?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...