Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 4, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 35




 I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?

  • It's a sweet Sunday full of worship, quiet, blogging and snuggles.
  • It's Hercules and Dastroyah transporting 3 dirt bikes safely and getting 2 of them running before the end of the day.
  • It's DT getting an invite from Grma and Titus to spend some hours at the park.
  • It's Pat and Nathan rejoicing over an entire afternoon of video game time since they didn't have to work, and then both falling asleep and enjoying a delightful Sunday afternoon nap. (It's so precious to have friends that don't care if you fall asleep in front of them. And how glorious to be that comfortable to be able to do so)
  • It's the kick off of our 21 Days Fast at church. The title of the sermon series is Back to the Basics. Most of my friends that I've asked are fasting from sugar or FB, but I can't seem to pick just one thing. I'm asking God to lead me in the right direction.
  • It's catching up on laundry and dishes while the house is quiet.
  • It's enjoying a few uninterrupted hours to blog (I think I posted 8 blog posts yesterday) while my mind was in one place. 
  • It's reviewing my 2018 Goals and realizing I've made more progress than I thought.
  • It's dreaming about how to spend our tax refund money in a responsible way...and still having a little fun.

What's on YOUR little things list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...