Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, February 8, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 39

  I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  •  COMMUNITY GROUP! How I've missed meeting together with these amazing people. These are 'our people' and I've missed them like crazy over the last 10 weeks that we've not been meeting regularly. It was GOOD to be together again. 
  • LEGO Club was a large affair again, and I'm endlessly amazed at how we can have 30 people in the large room of the office, and while it's loud, there is no fighting, no fussing, no drama. It's such fun! 
  • DT and Mr. T had a great day of school today. I think we are finally getting back into a good groove after the holidays. 
  • I think I'm getting the hang of this free time thing. I'm reading, blogging, and relaxing more than I have in the past several years. I may get good at it before too much longer. :) 
  • I'm embracing my word of the year (Progress) and learning to grant myself grace in areas where I struggle, encourage myself where I'm lazy and to be grateful for small changes instead of hoping/praying for overnight sweeping massive changes that never end up lasting. 
  • I've already blogged more this year than I have during 2 other years during the last 10. I'm going to call that progress and delight in it. (Hopefully, I'm not talking your years off, LOL)
  • It's stumbling across a perfect field trip for the boys that 'magically' ties in with what we are currently studying. Ain't God good?



What's on YOUR grateful list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...