Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life~ the WHY



Welcome friends! For the next 3 weeks, I'll be joining a challenge with some friends to read and apply the book '21 Days to a More Disciplined Life' written by Crystal Paine, otherwise known as the Money Saving Mom. I'm joining this challenge because despite all my wonderful plans, hopes and dreams, life/laziness often gets in the way and I end up feeling defeated and discouraged. I'm hoping that this will give me some great ideas in the way of practical tips and setting realistic goals for myself that are manageable.
The challenge for the first day is to come up with the WHY I'm participating. I guess it's because I always end up setting myself up for failure by either tackling these HUGE goals that aren't broken down into manageable steps, or I just fail to allow room for life. I find myself thinking, "If I could JUST have 3 days without the kids to get my life in order" or "If we just took a week off of homeschooling, I could get so many projects done" or something else along those lines when in truth, I need to just be more disciplined in my regular daily life so that I don't need a vacation from my life in order to organize my life. Does that even make sense? I hope so, because it's all I've got. HA!
Anywho, if you are interested in joining the challenge, you can purchase the book here at http://crystalpaine.com/21-days-to-a-more-disciplined-life/, and then join the challenge over here at http://www.servingjoyfully.com/ Hope to see you along the way :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...