Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Joy-FULL February 2011 ~Day 15



I find JOY in the small things, the simple things, and the quiet things. A chat with a friend, a letter in the mail, a good book, a thoughtful comment, an appreciative hubby, cheerful boys, or a kind cashier at the store. These are all 'little' things, but they do bring cheer to the heart. The stillness of the morning before the regular mayhem and chaos take over, a cup of hot tea with an encouraging/funny/helpful blog to read, laughing with friends at game night, the mountains in the distance, or driving back into our town in the late evening and watching the lights as they twinkle from the distance getting closer and closer. A secret whispered in the ear, whether it be from a sticky faced 5 year old, or a question from a teenager, or even something silly from the hubbs about where he hid the chocolate stash from the kiddies. : ) I love going to from room to room after the boys have been shooed off to bed, and finding them all reading a new book, or realizing that they've all piled into one room because they prefer not being apart. Hearing Dan say that he wants to live here forever. These are all little things on their own, but together they make one wonderfully JOY-filled life. I am blessed.

Now then, where IS the chocolate???

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I want that chocolate!!! :)

www.shutthefridge.blogspot.com

The Ruoss Crew said...

LOVE the little things. How much more content and pleasant would our world be if people learned to appreciate and enJoy the little things. Thanks for reminding us : )

Kayla said...

I want that chocolate!

By the way, I awarded you a Stylish Blogger award over on my site!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad he shares with you the hiding location of the chocolate!
my boys often are all piled in the same room to sleep (though there is a LOT of chattering before sleep comes).

What a nice, joyful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...