1. Derek turned 3...when did he get so big?? We had a party and such a time was had by all...the neighbors came, Karen, Dolli and Baby Ryan, plus Charlie and Devin. I baked a cake (from scratch) and he got bunches of coloring books, crayons, cars, undies and socks, a huge truck and some story books. He had sooo much fun on the phone with Grma and PaPa telling them all about his cake with M&Ms on it. After the neighbors and Karen went home, we had our regular game night and as usual, we had a ball, we played spoons and Apples to Apples..man I LOVE that game!!
2. Dan and I went to our first funeral here...the owner of Dan's company, his granddaughter died over the weekend at the age of 21, leaving behind a baby...so sad, so Karen came to stay with the boys while we attended that, which really sent me into a funk for a few hours...so young! And the person officiating the service did a crummy job of using the tragedy of her young death to show people the way to God..I was really annoyed with him by the end of the service...and I sure did miss Bro John! But even that day had it's redeeming qualities....Karen called me the next day to tell me that she had left in tears b/c Dan and I are so happy together...she is just so thrilled for us...that was special to me.
3. She's really coming!! Jodi got a Batman check in the mail Saturday and it is just the right amount to get her here...Thank you Jesus!! She will be arriving by train on August the 23rd, the same exact day that I arrived here last year...isn't that a funny little coinky-dink??
Other than that, it's been a regular week around here, Dan is working, I am working, Little Casey has been coming to hang out with Derek during the day, Dolli has been stopping by to visit, one of the neighbors wants to teach me to knit soon, (oh dear, I hope I can manage it!!) We are loving hanging out together and just being a family! I know, too sappy, but it's true~ just ask Karen...LOL!
OK, just a few requests...
1. Karen NEEDS a job...yesterday! She's been really diligent in the past week or so, but nothing has panned out yet.
2. Keep Dolli and John in your prayers....they want to try to keep the marriage together, but being apart is not helping right now.
3. Jodi will be under much stress in the next few weeks trying to get everything together to move across the country with her little men...for peace, level headed-ness, and more peace!
4. For Dad and Mom, as another one of their kids move away with the grand babies...it's hard!
5. We will be looking for a new place to live not long after Jodi gets here, so finding the right house for the right amount will be key.
OK, now for the fun stuff...a few pics and a video! Mom, I tried to catch it, but I didn't quite get it...when he opened your box, he was so excited about the bubble wrap, that he threw the presents on the floor so he could yell "Yahoo!" and stomp on the bubble wrap...LOL! We miss you all greatly and would love to have more visitors...so, who's coming next??
Love to all,
Kristy and the Man Crew
Derek blows out the candles....what a wind!