Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, February 27, 2021

 Happy happy chickens! Usually, I’ve been getting 3 eggs a day in various rotations of colors, meaning most hens are laying every other or every 3rd day. But today, I found 6 waiting for me when I went out to open the coop. Yes! All the pretty colors and size variations.

I haven’t figured out which of the LunaChicks are laying yet (and I can’t really tell them apart since 5 are practically identical) but Black Plague lays brown eggs, Nutmeg lays blue, Clove lays green, and I think the one LunaChick that has different coloring than the others lays that pretty ivory rose color. The other LunaChicks lay white...I think.


#ManCrewChickenCoop Updated to add: As it turns out, I was incorrect about the ivory rose and white eggs. Gray Beard, the one LunaChick that has different coloring, is laying the white eggs, and the other 5 LunaChicks are laying the ivory rose. I hit the jackpot this week, finding 9 eggs in the nesting boxes. 1 Brown, 1 Blue, 1 Green, 1 White, and 5 Ivory Rose. These ladies know it is SPRING TIME!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...