Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Cast Iron Recipe #1: Dutch Apple Baby

 I challenged myself to make 26 new recipes this year out of the cast iron cookbook Jodi gave me for Christmas, and the Tasty cookbook from the sister gift exchange. They will all be titled Cast Iron Recipe and a number so I can track them throughout the year. 

When I was last in IL, Laura Hepker took me to Walker Bros and introduced me to a Dutch Baby. This variation looked so beautiful in the cookbook that I had to try it out. I made it for our weekly Sunday breakfast together with the gang, and they gobbled it up so fast that I barely got a picture of a small piece before it was all gone. LOL! I guess that means it was a hit. 

#1 is in the books, or more appropriately, in our bellies and I'm going to call it a victory. All that's left is the dishes. 😊 

Here is the piece I managed to snap a pic of...

And here is what it looked like in the cookbook. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...