Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook: January 2018

For Today: January 10, 2018


Looking out my window: It's sunny and warm, but quite breezy today. I see three of my favorite men working to clean up a project in the front yard.
I am thinking: That while I TRULY do not appreciate being incapacitated by illness this week, there are things to be truly grateful for anyway.
I am thankful: For my mother, who has taken my shift at work for 3 days in a row, and even took my son for the day today as well. In other news, hooray for a family-run business. They all treat me with love and concern. It's good to be queen.

One of my favorite things: All the Handsome, as I lovingly call my husband, sons and their friends.
I am creating: a smaller mending pile.

I am wearing: comfy "I-am-sick" day attire. Stretchy pants, an old comfy tee shirt, and fuzzy socks

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to:
Reading: Tucker's Way, Married and Still Loving It, And re-reading The Five Love Languages
Watching: Call the Midwife, and hoping to watch Vaxxed tonight
Listening to: TobyMac Feel It station on Pandora

I am hoping: to be fully restored to health in time to head back to work tomorrow.
I am learning: That letting others care for you isn't quite the end of the world. In other words, a lesson in humility.
In my kitchen: split pea soup is simmering on the back of the stove, and beer bread is in the oven. Beer bread recipe is found here

In the school room: I'm very thankful that my sister and I are sharing the homeschool teaching this year, so even in my absence, my son is still getting school accomplished. We are LOVING Creation To The Greeks from My Father's World curriculum. We started our school year much earlier than normal and due to that schedule change, we are already halfway through our school year. Woot!
In my garden: Well, since I refer to myself as the plant nazi and plants kill themselves when they see me coming, I don't garden per se, but I have managed to keep 5 house plants alive for more than six months, so perhaps an old dog CAN learn new tricks.

Post Script:
Life As Mom is quite possibly the best thing that's ever happened to me from the Internet. A homeschooling mama of 6, who also writes cookbooks. This is someone we could all take a lesson from in my estimation. She is the first place I look when I need recipes, homemaking advice, or homeschooling motivation. 

Shared Quote:
A perfect reminder for me today, on day three of being ill and frustrated that I can't care for my family in the manner I am accustomed to doing so.
A moment from my day: I actually took no pictures today, that's a first. But yesterday, I took this one. Our ball python, Oscar Meyer (LOL) is shedding. Reminds me that sometimes shedding of the old is required to make room for the new.


Closing Notes: As 2018 begins, it's time to let go of old expectations of ourselves and those around us. Make a fresh start.

The Simple Woman's Daybook is brought to you by Peggy over at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ Check it out if you, too are seeking the simple life.

Blessings,

~K~

______________________________

1 comment:

bensarmom said...

I so agree with your image about resting. We women run ourselves ragged doing for the family. We need to take care of our self and not feel guilty about it. I can't imagine being in an all male household. My sister had two boys and there was constant wrestling. I'm praying you feel better and take time for yourself now and then.God Bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...