Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, January 8, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 8

I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • I'm sick today, which isn't really a good thing, but I was able to come home from work and go right to bed and not worry about if the kiddos could make food for themselves or care for themselves. And raising self-sufficient kiddos IS a good thing.
  • Dan took good care of me this evening. He brought me tea and made me soup, and even came back to check on me every once in a while just to see if there was anything he could do for me. 
  • Netflix, Kindle books, a Pandora subscription and Audible make really good bed-mates when you are ill. I binge watched Call the Midwife, listened to southern gospel quartet music, and listened to 5 chapters of a Kindle book via Audible. *sigh of contentment*

What's on YOUR little things list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...