Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, January 11, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 11

I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • I am on the mend! Woohoo! I have renewed compassion for those with chronic illness, as after 3 days of feeling crummy, I was enraged that my body had betrayed me and wasn't allowing me to care for those around me. 
  • I returned to work today and it felt good to get back to routine. 
  • I was able to attend a concert by The Lesters, who have been in full time music ministry for 93 years. The concert was put on by generations 3 and 4. In a word, lovely. Mom and I had a wonderful time. 
  • I am grateful again for all the freezer cooking I did in December as it kept the family fed and out of the drive thru lane once again without Mama K having to cook. And in other news, we are TOTALLY owning the Good Cheap Eats Pantry Challenge for January. So far, I've only spent a little over $100 on groceries this month and I normally would have spent $300+. I can live with $100 instead. :)


 
What's on YOUR little things list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...