Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... August 24, 2009


Outside my window... it is cool and dreary with a gentle rain falling, and since we NEED the rain (this IS the desert after all) I can enjoy a day of rain once in a while.


I am thinking... that a rainy day is a great day for digging out the mending pile and making it smaller as I watch a favorite movie with the boys. I also love to write letters when the rain is falling so a few of those may go out today. Oh and drink herbal tea with honey in it...goodness, maybe I like the rain more than I thought...hee hee


I am thankful... time to get it all done. 3 weeks remain before our big road trip to IL, and there are MANY things that need to get accomplished before that time. Clothes shopping, itinerary to plan, meals to plan and pack, weight to lose (LOL) boys that need hair cuts, and many other things that I can't even think of right now!
From the learning rooms... nothing this week except the gradual cutting back of the electronic time as we prepare to start school sometime soon-ISH
From the kitchen... Zucchini bread, ciabbata bread french toast, possibly caramel corn and a week of tasty meals. Last week, the meals got ALL messed up, rearranged and changed, so if you see a few that are the same as last week, well, they got bumped to this week...LOL
  • Monday~ Chicken, stuffing and peas in the crock pot

  • Tuesday~ Roasted Tomato Soup (thank you, Tyler Florence) and grilled cheese

  • Wednesday~ Cod, roasted potatoes and broccoli

  • Thursday~ Chicken Club Brunch Ring (thank you, Pampered CHEF)

  • Friday~ Pizza

  • Saturday~ Leftovers or out...I have to work that night, so something easy

  • Sunday~ Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and salad.

I am wearing... comfy lounge-around-the-house clothes...LOL
I am creating... mended pants, handwritten letters, a super hero cape, and happy memories
I am going... nowhere since I am car-less this week. It's good thing, helps me save money for my big trip : )
I am reading... On Becoming Preteen Wise, Parenting Isn't for Cowards, and Little Pilgrims progress
I am hoping... that I can be as productive as I need to be this week. Much to do, but plenty of time to do it IF I apply myself
I am hearing... David playing the xylophone and Derek digging through the Lego box. Boxster (the turtle) digging around looking for crickets to eat, and the gentle patter of the rain against the leaves outside.
Around the house... laundry is whirring away, chicken for dinner is thawing and about to go in the crock pot, the LR needs some serious straightening, clothes need to find their way into drawers, and the bathrooms could use some attention...Plus David needs to catch up on the dishes.
One of my favorite things... Clean counter tops! No half eaten bags of chips on them, no dirty dishes, unused appliances, no spilled milk, stale cereal or greasy GUNK stuck to the range. So that's another goal for today : )
A few plans for the week... staying home, playing with the boys, some character training ( for them AND me) starting the final leg of prep for the trip, talking with Lauren about some last minute wedding details, and catching up on some sleep.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Goodness, I don't even think I took a picture this week...LOL~ Oh yes I did...here are the boys with their puzzle master piece from this week. We worked pretty hard on it!





This post is in response to the call to simplicity by Miss Peggy over at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ Check her out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...