- As our TIDAL WAVE of activity has become more of a small gurgling stream....I've enjoyed the almost quiet and had time to ponder some things that have been in the back of my mind for way too long. I will say that I actually miss the hustle and bustle of our daily lives :) but have also enjoyed the time to linger at the farmers market, enjoy a lunch out with just 2 boys, time for REAL reading again, and the stillness after they head to bed. We've played many board games and made several puzzles this past week and that's always a good thing!
- Dan bought Derek his very own game boy and WOW is he happy about that! It's mostly for the long car ride we have coming up, but he's not opposed to practicing now...LOL
- I STINK at cooking for 3...LOL~ I made the tiniest little batch of taco meat last week and the 1 little pound of meat looked so lonely and small in the skillet, but it was WAY too much for us to eat and Dan ended up turning it into nachos over the weekend...LOL
- Jodi has arrived and settled safely in IL after an eventful road trip...suffice it to say that she probably won't do that again for a while! : )
- As I've been reading and pondering this week, I've found several areas where I need to be working more actively with the boys' attitudes and character training exercises...hmmm.
- Dan and 'Shua both seem to think that the Hurley job will be wrapping in the next few weeks...and while that means less money since there won't be any per Diem pay, I'm just thrilled that they will be home every night!
- 'Shua will be home all next week (at least in town) because he has his first apprenticeship training classes.
- Dan and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary next Monday. I have a very special surprise for his gift, he will be sooo pleased! Some days it seems like we just got married and other days, I can barely remember a time he wasn't my hubby. ; )
- I found a beautiful watermelon at the store the other day and after I got it home, I had a good chuckle over it...Jayson, that's for you!! It's hard to read in the picture, but the tag says Jaybird!! : )
- Plans are coming together for MY big road trip and all I can say is that I'm hoping to have LESS excitement than Jodi. I'm very excited about going to IL and seeing family and friends that I haven't seen in WAY too long
- I need to fix this computer...not sure how to accomplish that task, but it needs to be done, and soon. If I disappear for a while, it's because my attempts to repair it have gone awry.
- 'Shua and Lauren paid me a wonderful compliment this week by asking me to play the piano at the wedding and also sing special music for it. Oh my, I'm not even sure I remember how to play the wedding march anymore, so serious practicing is in my very near future, but I'm so honored that they asked as I've been wondering how I could help without forcing my overly helpful self on them...LOL
- This week is the last week of racing for the season so I imagine that Saturday will find the men at the track enjoying the last race until next year.
- My mending pile seems to be growing exponentially lately, so this week will bring some much needed sewing to the forefront. Jeans to repair, capes to make, and buttons to put back on...oh my, how do people that don't sew keep up with the cost of clothing??
- Today is rainy and cool so we have big plans to watch a movie tonight with some hot cocoa and maybe some caramel corn, haven't made that in WAY too long.
- As a side note, 'Shua got in a fender bender this week...nothing but a few dents in the car, his wallet and his pride. It did, however, offer me a few more opportunities to parent him as my time as pseudo-mom comes to an end.
- Dan might be horrified that I mention it, but to those of you who know him well, you'll be thrilled to know that Dan has recently started taking his Bible to Hurley with him and reading it during the week...this is HUGE and a marvelous development! Thank you, Jesus!!
- We are official grown ups now...Dan and I bought life insurance this week...Hurray for the Union to bring us great programs at dicounted rates!!
I guess that's all the news here in Las Cruces for this past week or so. Thanks for keeping up with us as we life our life here. A few pictures and I'm out...but what's new with you?? Share!
Kristy and the Man Crew