Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, March 1, 2015

We're Going Screen Free This Month: March 2015


 Hi Friends, Derek and I are going screen free this month in order to break the addiction of screens (for him) and to make more time (for me).
       So often I find myself saying that I don't have time for ____ (fill in the blank), but the truth is that I often don't want to have time for _____. I thought that if I didn't spend so much time on Facebook, reading other people's blogs or shopping on Amazon/eBay/etsy, I'd have more time to do other things....like spend time with my family, shop for and prepare healthy meals again, go for coffee with friends, read and hang out with Dan. Aaaaand, here we go.
     DT is not allowed any screen time except for an occasional educational DVD from Netflix, math apps on my Kindle and/or the BrainPop Jr video of the week. Yes, I realize that sounds like a lot still, but it will be less than 2-3 hours a week, and recently he's been watching more than that each day, and almost none of that was educational. (ashamed face)

     I am going to crochet at least 2 times per week, make sure I read at least one book a week, and write at least one note a week. I will be checking my email and doing my online banking, and I might even allow myself to blog a bit after DT goes to bed, but that's it. No mindless trolling of blogs, putting things on my Amazon wish list, spending hours on FB and the like. (Eek, I'm starting to get nervous!)
I will pop in once in a while and let you know how it's going. Wish us luck, or if you're really brave, join us!

 ~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...