Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, February 28, 2015

It's the Little Things: Gymnastics Season, Post-Move and Nearly Spring Break edition


I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the huge things that make or break your day, week, month or life. It's the little things. So in honor of the little things, list a few with me that made your day, week, month or life brighter or sweeter.
  • It's a sing-along on the way to Phoenix, while the teenager drives so I can crochet the miles away.
  • It's that same teenager not only knowing that the hubster and I have a "Song" but knowing all the words and singing them...loudly :)
    And knowing the words to such songs as diverse as those recorded by DCtalk, The Cathedrals, Tim McGraw, SheDaisy, The Martins, and Kansas. Makes a mama feel like she did something right along the way.
  • It's finishing a tough meet when he just wanted to go home. (actually a HUGE thing, but it still makes the list)
  • It's adding members to the house hold that truly ADD instead of just taking up space. 
  • It's Dan and I playing the first game of pool together since my dad died. In our new home. In our new and improved rec room. On the same table that Dad played his last game. That was bittersweet. 
  • It's finding just enough tea left in the pitcher for that all important glass to sit on my bedside table. 
  • It's making more time for fun school activities, not only to keep Derek's interest, but to make the lessons stick, and to create loving memories of school together.
  • It's taking a month away from screens to have more time to just BE. 
  • It's my Danny-boy doing the dance of joy with me over a new kitchen faucet. That was way better than the new faucet!
  • It's a daughter-in-love calling to say that a simple note of encouragement came at just the right time. 
  • It's walking away from the 'old house' one last time.
  • It's watching Hercules crawl through the new doggie door while encouraging the puppy to follow him. Bwuahahah! 
  • It's a teenager with a new driver's license. Oh boy...
  • It's that same teenager with a car of their very own. OH BOY>>>
  • It's a clean kitchen early in the morning. **happy dance**
I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...