Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Choosing Joy Today





Thursday has always been a tough day for me. I have no idea why, but I just can't seem to get the hang of Thursdays. After 41 years of practice, one would assume that I've got Thursdays down to a science, nay an art even. *One* would be wrong. ;)
For whatever reason, Thursday just doesn't want to be my friend. So, to combat this Thursday's irritations, annoyances and unwelcome surprises, I'm going to fight back, with a healthy (if mildly sarcastic) dose of humor.

~To the small child who sneezed in my face despite my repeated requests to cover hers, I say THANK YOU for the improved immune system you are helping me create.
~To the person who made me arrive late home from work, I say THANK YOU for allowing me to enjoy the first time EVER that Dan fretted about being late somewhere. 
~To the aforementioned child that has a serious case of what I call "Chronic Repeater-Itis" I say THANK YOU for helping me practice my patience level as I remind her (yet again) to stop repeating herself and give me a chance to respond to her request.
~To the teenager who thinks I'm old, prudish and irrelevant, I say THANK YOU for the reminder to thank my parents one more time for teaching me values, morals, endurance for the journey and respect for my elders.  And here's to hoping that he has *exciting* children one day that think HE is boring, prudish and irrelevant.
~To the young man who showed up at my door last night expecting a warm welcome and a place to sleep, two things come to mind. 1. THANK YOU for the reminder to be prepared for anything when being married to Hercules (I really should have been a Boy Scout) and 2, if you want a warm welcome and place to sleep, you really should let the lady of the house know you are coming. ;)
~To the expensive sport that one of my son's enjoys so much, THANK YOU for the huge bills that keep coming to remind me of why we are so careful with our money this time of year. Pantry challenge, anyone?
~To all the young 20-somethings that bring drama to my life, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes in a not-so-good way, THANK YOU for the chance to redeem MY young 20s by sharing a little wisdom with you. PLEASE listen to me. As my father used to say, "Learn from my mistakes, you don't have time to make them all yourself." (I am fairly convinced my dad was the smartest man that ever lived but that's another story altogether.)
~To the man whom I love more than anything and also drives me batty with his *surprises* and spontaneity, I say THANK YOU for keeping things fun after all this time and keeping me from becoming a boring old stooge who doesn't know how to have any fun anymore.
~To ALL the bad drivers everywhere, I say THANK YOU for keeping me on my toes and WIDE WIDE awake everywhere I go. 
     With heartfelt blessings and a healthy sense of humor to you, Thursday...thanks for keeping it real.
          ~K~
PS. If you, too, have a day that just gets away from you every week, share a comment about it with us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...