Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, June 23, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
June 23, 2014
Outside my window...
The sky is AMAZINGLY blue, with puffy white clouds dotting the view. The Organ Mountains rise majestically in the distance. The garbage cans wait to be taken back from the curb after their early morning emptying. The B-Bunch-mobile awaits the next call to duty, picking up and dropping off.
I am thinking...
about this and that, everything and nothing. My mind wanders as I await a call from teenagers needing rides hither and yon.
I am thankful...
for sunny days, cool nights, a hubby that still makes my heart race, and boys that make me laugh. And grace. SO thankful for grace.
In the kitchen...
BBQ pork is in the crock pot, fresh bread is rising on the counter, and pasta salad is cooling in the fridge. Easy peasy dinner that comes together in a snap :)
I am wearing...
pink T shirt, navy jumper and my ever present sneakers.
I am creating...
dinner, helpful sons and a (hopefully) napped and un-cranky version of Little Miss. I am also creating (through the use of my labor saving devices) a bit more time in my day, to be spent with Handsome Hercules.
I am going...
back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And crazy. Always headed down the road to crazy. Want to join me?
I am wondering...
what this week will bring my way. I'm trying to be ready.
I am reading...
How the States Got Their Shapes, The Love Dare (again), 1st Corinthians, and recipe books.
I am hoping...
that our house hunting days are coming to an end. Quickly.
I am looking forward to...
VACATION! We're totally having a stay-cation, but at the end of this week, I'm off for 2 whole weeks. Pretty excited about it.
I am learning...
that sometimes Mama needs summer break from school as much as the kiddos do.
From the learning rooms...
basically, all that is left of school for now is the summer reading challenge, which the boys have all attacked with a vengeance. P won the first BINGO, but D and DT are hot on his heels. Little Miss is playing along this year and is doing well being read to each day. D will finish Driver's Ed over the summer, and DT will continue with his weekly tutoring with Jodi, but other than that, we've closed the book on school for the year. Woot!
Around the house...
it's actually pretty picked up for once :) However, there are always closets to de-clutter, school papers to put away and dishes to be done.
I am pondering...
why it's taken me so long to get back to blogging, which I love so much!
A favorite quote for today...
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. PERIOD.
One of my favorite things...
Pictures of my family.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
spending time with the B-Bunch kiddos, driving the Mama Taxi all over town, Sister-Girl Night, Game Night, Saturday Night Life, working at the gym, and otherwise trying to keep up with the insane pace that I call life.
A peek into my day...OH MY! This is the Man Crew way back when we first moved to Las Cruces, the summer of 2007. D and P are now starting to approach Dan's height, and that cute little dumpling will be 9 in August. And he's as tall as me. Oh my heart! Time flies, people. Hug those babies while they will still let you :)

PS. If you like this post, and want to play along, or simply to read others like it, check out the delightful Miss Peggy's site over at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com   THANKS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you blogging again!!

The Man Crew said...

Thanks houseofestrogen :) I'm glad to BE back to blogging again. Life gets so hectic sometimes that I just drop the ball on it, but I miss it so much that I eventually wander back to it. How are things in the land of ladies?
~K~

Anonymous said...

We're doing well... took trips this summer to Atlanta and Snowshoe, WV. The girls started back to school TODAY! 7th grade, 5th grade, and 1st grade. The 7th grader should be home any minute... waiting to hear how her day went!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...