Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, September 3, 2012

It's the Little Things

I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the huge things that make or break your day, week, month or life. It's the little things. So in honor of the little things, list a few with me that made your day, week, month or life brighter or sweeter.

  • It's a sweet chat with your oldest adopted son, who called to ask first for permission before offerring his little brother a gift.
  • It's my oldest biological son washing the baseboards, which was HIS idea, and is the very chore that has been looming on my mental to do list for weeks.
  • It's knowing the my middlest of middle boys is in good hands in IL between my parents, 'Shua and Lauren, Dan's family and all our friends that live up there.
  • It's the snuggle that my youngest son gave me when he got back home after 2 days with Auntie Karen, and the whispered, 'I love you, mama."
  • It's a label-making machine to label EVERYTHING as I organize all the homeschool items. *winks*
  • It's Netflix entertaining the kiddos for a while with an semi-educational program so mama can get something accomplished this evening.  
  • It's a lovely little chat with my Sister-Girl who called to see how I was doing on my to-do list of projects for this weekend.
  • It's the wonderful little luxury of a jacuzzi tub to enjoy!

I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...