Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, June 29, 2009

A Week without Pat

Greetings from HOT and sunny NM. This was our first week without Patrick here and it was ...well, quiet. David was bored stiff, no exciting adventures were had and a few less messes were made. It was a bit unsettling at first, but I am relaxing a bit and just enjoying the summer with the boys that ARE still here. I decided to just let them veg out this week and while I heard the dreaded B word once or twice, it only took a day or two for them to start entertaining themselves. The board games have been drug out, books have been read, and they even managed to get around the table at game night this week. Jodi and I kinda lazed about this week as well and worked on a few projects that have been lingering. Mostly, we vegged...hee hee! Dan and 'Shua arrived safely on Thursday and surprised David and I by taking us to wee Transformers 2....which was AWESOME!!! A few inappropriate scenes for David, but otherwise...fantastic! Friday was game night and we had a small crowd due to Karen being ill, Tyler being out of town, and Mike and Krissy and gang being at t-ball game...but we had a great time. Dan and Charlie spent most of the night at the computer which seems odd, but Dan finally joined the techno world and bought a MP3 player and was trying desperately to get it to load music...but alas, he seemed to have defective one and ended up taking it back. But all is well that ends well, right, as the second one was great and he is now happily blasting his ears out to the likes of AC/DC, Led Zepplin, and the other greats of classic rock (bleck) Saturday was for sleeping in, wandering about and going to the race track. We added James and Devin to our boys and took a full van load. Devin was so excited and James did well with the noise. We are all anxiously awaiting next week because they do the biggest fireworks display in Dona Ana County...yeah! Sunday we overslept and missed our regular service, I had coffee with Karen and listened to her story of immaturity adults that can't manage their lives, (may I refer you back to an earlier post of mine called Maturity, Who Needs It?? LOL) Charlie spent the afternoon trying to download something into his computer at our house.... and then when everyone was gone, 'Shua and I had a nice chat, Dan and I FINALLY got 5 minutes to spend together without all the hubbub and then here we are at Monday. PHEW! By the way, not sure if I' mentioned it last week, but it looks like Dan and 'Shua are going to be continuing with this 4 days out of town schedule for the next 2 years...and while I'm thrilled at the notion of job security, this schedule is taking it's toll on us as well. Please pray as we try to find a better routine for the weekends so that everyone is well rested and has enough time to get everything they need done in that amount of time as well. OK, so here we are at Monday...Jodi and I have big plans for the back room this week and want to get it in better working order, I have some tablecloths and aprons to make, photo albums to create and an Independence Day weekend to prepare for...yeehaw!! See you all next week! Hugs all around and I can't wait to see all of IL family and friends in Sept!!
Much LOVE,
Kristy and the Man Crew
PS...I spent hours on the computer today, organizing, purging, deleting and saving to zip drives and I'm proud to say that I deleted 17 GB of info, pics and videos off of this computer...go me!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...