Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Friday, March 27, 2020

#RedeemingTheQuarantine: March 27, 2020

#RedeemingTheQuarantine:
While New Mexico has only been on official stay at home orders since Tuesday, March 23rd, (4 days ago, we've already been at home for 2 weeks. For the past several days, a very blasé, let’s-sleep-in-because-who-cares attitude has reigned supreme. I woke up today ready to face this quarantine head on with renewed determination to not waste this time.
So, I got a workout in. I spent some time with Jesus. I cleaned the kitchen approximately 42 times (Hercules and Slick are snackers/grazers). Dan and I planted a small victory garden. I took a little drive around town with Hercules. I read. I destroyed my manicure. I talked to most of my people. Hercules and I watched Zumba’s Just Desserts and laughed together. I did some work-related things with Jodi via Zoom. My mom sent me some childhood photos of me. I ordered a phone/camera tripod so that we could try next week to host Game Night via Skype. I cleared off 4 “Flat Surface Areas” and pushed some furniture around. Enjoyed a BLT on homemade bread for dinner...take THAT Quarantine-Induced Pantry Challenge. 😉 Overall, not a bad day at all.
And now, it’s 10:30pm and Hercules went to pick up something from a friend “real quick”....3 hours ago, so I’m taking this tired body and my raggedy nails and going to bed. 

How are you coping, friends? 











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...