Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

It's No Pants April Time Again!

 
#NPA2018   #NoPantsApril
 No Pants April? What the What?! What is NPA and who thought it up? Long story short, my friend Kimberly made it up a few years back when she moved from Sunny Cali to not-nearly-as-sunny Ohio in the middle of winter and ended up sad and depressed. She found herself in a sweats and hoodies clothing rut, so she decided a fun way to get out of that rut was to challenge herself and a few friends to spend a few more minutes each day picking out pretty clothing and a spring fashion trend was born. I've been participating for a few years now and I'm looking forward to this year's NPA with renewed enthusiasm since I've scored a few new pieces for my wardrobe for a steal (thanks King's Treasure and Family Dollar!) and I can't wait to debut them!
     As for the rules, I'll refer back to what I wrote last year...
Hi Friends! It's time to kick off that fun-filled month of April with another round of No Pants April!
Here's the rules:
~When you leave the house, cover your lower half with something that is NOT pants. Like skirts, dresses, jumpers, kilts, culottes, etc. If you live where it's still cold, feel free to wear leggings under your skirt (but not INSTEAD of).
~Leggings are NOT pants. The end. *winks*
That's it. No other rules. Simple.

However, here are some other suggestions:
~If you wear a uniform to work, please let common sense prevail and don't get fired. Just wear your No Pants April attire elsewhere, like at home, at the store, while running errands, hanging out with friends or at church.
~If you are playing along and use hashtags, please use #NoPantsApril and #NPA2018.
~Have FUN! Ladies, this is a great excuse to enjoy some retail therapy, make a few skirts, or in my case, have a friend make you a few skirts, and enjoy some time at the local thrift store.

I'm wearing skirts pretty much all the time, even when I'm home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...