Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's the Little Things

I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the huge things that make or break your day, week, month or life. It's the little things. So in honor of the little things, list a few with me that made your day, week, month or life brighter or sweeter.
  • It's the hubby and middle boy playing cards together behind me, even if they are hollering at each other. They're also laughing their heads off and enjoying themselves immensely!
  • It's cool mornings and warm afternoons. My favorite kind of weather.
  • It's knowing that soon my parents will be here for a visit *squeal*
  • It's a box full of new school science curriculum AND the accompanying experiment kit!
  • It's a week long break after working hard on schooling for 6 weeks.
  • It's an evening with the TV off.
  • It's a hot shower after a wonderful workout session
  • It's seeing the fruit of your labors. Whether that be weight loss, homemade turkey broth, sons that are growing up to be fine young men, clean kitchen counters or your marriage flourishing after years of careful tending.
I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...