Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, August 31, 2017

On Packing Lunches for The Man Crew

Healthy Lunch Choices
Hi Friends, now that the initial excitement of a new school year has begun to wane, does the thought of packing eleventy billion lunches this year have you feeling less than thrilled? Have you considered streamlining the process by doing something like this? Getting ahead is always always ALWAYS better than being behind, don't ya think?

https://www.facebook.com/tastyjunior/videos/471179346569491/

I use a modified version of this system (OK, OK, when I remember to plan ahead, I use this system) to keep mouths full of delicious and nutritious things. I don't make sandwiches ahead, but I keep supplies on hand to make them quick and easy. I did even splurge recently on getting the little packets of mustard and mayo so we don't eat soggy sandwiches all week. I spend a little time over the weekend to chop veggies, prep drinks (We aren't big into juice boxes or Capri Sun, so I fill our reusable water bottles with water, or iced tea) and make sure there is plenty of fruit, nut and cheese choices ready to grab on the way out the door.
In the mornings, we make a quick sandwich (or cracker, meat, cheese choices) and toss in some fruit, nut, veggie options, grab a water bottle and we're out the door.

In other news, DT and I are considering upgrading to Bento Boxes for our lunches at work. Anyone have a great one to recommend? I'd love glass, but with all the bumping and "oops"es we have in our life, I'm not convinced this is a good idea. Steel is the next best...who has a favorite brand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have swor I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I
realied it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found
it and I'll bbe book-marking and checking back frequently!

The Man Crew said...

Thank you! Very kind of you 😊

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...