Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, January 23, 2016

And Just Like That... {Week 27 Update}

...Dan is gone.


Dan is still in Iowa, but Pat has switched "hosts" and is enjoying some time in Illinois with 'Shua and Lauren and the extended family over there.
Dan is done. D-O-N-E. He wants to be home. His partner got laid off last week and while Dan has never been laid off from a job due to lack of productivity and it would have offended him greatly, I think he was a wee bit sad that he wasn't laid off as well. He wants to save up enough money to get the truck home and after that, just be finished and return to NM.
I am fine with that compromise. I am O-V-E-R him being gone as well and am anxiously awaiting his return. In reality, he will probably be gone yet another 10-12 weeks, but knowing we are on the shorter end of our time apart is good news. Knowing that together we've decided he won't go right to AZ or Cali to look for work is comforting. And that if he does eventually end up in one of those places, knowing we will try to go with him is even more comforting.
This has been such a season of growth. We've both learned to do things that either we didn't know how to do previously, or re-learned how to do them after decades of the other one doing it for them. (I think that part was mostly me, Dan takes such good care of me!) We have a renewed appreciation for the work that the other one does to make our life more pleasant. We have a new sense of what a good team we are together.
I know I'm sounding all "rose colored glasses" tonight, but I am finally able to see the light at the end of this incredibly long, insanely dark tunnel we've been 'enjoying' for the past 6.5 months. And, with that I'm able to be stepping back just a bit and getting a little perspective. Perspective is goooood!
Lonely for not much longer,
      ~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...