Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, January 19, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook~ Hello 2015 and We are MOVING edition



FOR TODAY: January 19, 2015

Outside my window...the breeze blows cool and the sun shines brightly to warm the earth. The predicted high today is 65* with a bit of clouds to decorate the sky.

I am thinking...that this year is starting off with a bang. We have changed from a nuclear family of 5 to a multi-generational family of 7 in the past 6 months. We've already celebrated one birthday this year, gymnastics season starts Saturday, we are buying a house this week and moving on Sunday. Phew!

I am thankful...for grace and strength, and mercy that comes new every morning. For patience gleaned from years of (semi) faithful practice. For boxes from friends and strangers alike. For quiet music to calm frantic thoughts.

In the kitchen...not much this week. After Eleventy billion moves (or so it seems) I may have actually accepted that I can't cook at both houses at once, that I should just accept that we will have to eat fast food a few times, and that even I, self proclaimed Do-It-All-Wonder, can't make everyone cooperate when it's time to feed the hungry bellies. Hercules wants the quickest things to eat when he is working so he doesn't lose momentum. To that end, this week's pitiful (but smart) meal plans:
M~HUGE batch of lasagna, salad and garlic bread *everyone likes it AND it reheats well
T~Leftovers
W~Fend for yourself night, since only 2 of the 7 will be home for dinner
Th~Fast Food at the new house (we sign this day)
F~Game Night at the new house (just snacks and drinks, no 'real' dinner on Fridays)
Sat~All Meals out (Dan, Pat and Jay will be moving while Mom, Derek, David and myself will be in ABQ for David's first meet of the season)
Sun~ MOVING DAY! B: donuts and coffee
                                    L: Pizza and drinks courtesy of a friend who wants to help, but is VERY pregnant
                                    D: Taco Soup, chips and drinks (hurray for the crock pot)

I am wearing...jeans, a flag t-shirt, socks and tennies.

I am creating...packed boxes. LOTS AND LOTS of packed boxes. And, my darling daughter in love's late Christmas gift. She knew it would be late when she requested it, and doesn't mind waiting, but I'm working on it as I can during this extra busy season we're in right now.

I am going...to pick up David from work later and that is it. I already ran a few errands this morning and I intend to enjoy the rest of my day at home.

I am wondering...If I will ever find everything again after this move. We are renting a storage unit for the first time in our marriage, and I'm wondering if that will make the garage so 'comfortable' that we never get rid of it.

I am reading...The Imposter Bride, which so far is painfully boring, and Confessions of a Raging Perfectionist, which thankfully is not. And my Bible. And 7, because I CAN. NOT. STOP. reading it. Over and over and over...

I am hoping...that when I look back at my life, I don't just see chaos, but the hand of God clearly leading me, and that I followed willingly, even if it looked like chaos from this end.

I am looking forward to...feeling really, truly, actually settled in at a house for the first time since we moved to the wilds of NM 7 years ago. Since then, we've lived in 5. And when you consider that we've lived in this house nearly 3 years, no wonder I was so sick of moving every 5 minutes for a few years. But this (barring God leading us elsewhere) is our forever home, so we are putting our stamp on it, and putting down roots. Woot!

I am learning...that grace is a marvelous thing. And that I don't extend it to others nearly often enough in this crazy beautiful difficult world we live in.

Around the house...Boxes. Did I mention we are moving in a few days? ;)

I am pondering...the contents of my pantry and freezer, and how they could possibly hold so many things yet, after 3 full weeks of pantry challenges. (yes, we bought things like dairy and produce, but have largely lived off of our excess for the past 3 weeks) Oh well, a reminder to keep doing pantry challenges monthly to use up the extras.


One of my favorite things..."The Sound of Music"

A few plans for the rest of the week: Packing, moving, not losing my mind, getting to David's meet and back safely.

A peek into my day...  A "Welcome home" card left for us by the previous owner. How incredibly thoughtful!
If you've enjoyed this post, and you also enjoy the simple things, take a peek over here to see more daybook entries and to join the fun!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I dread the day we have to pack up our house with 20 years of collected stuff! Congrats on the new house!! Have great week!

Paula said...

I don't envy your moving yet I know that would be one way to force me to clear out the clutter. I have lived in this same house for more than 26 years! Have a nice week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...