Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goals: Simplify, Streamline, Enjoy!

 

I have several goals for this year, so I'll add them as I sort them out completely. I'm starting with my new motto for the year.
Simplify, Streamline, Enjoy
I want to de-clutter like crazy and learn to say no to the good things so I can save my yes for the BEST things!

I want to become more efficient instead of feeling like a headless chicken running in endless circles trying to do...it...ALL.
As my parenting/homeschooling years come to a close with David, and approach their end with Patrick, I want to enjoy these years with my family. Family has always been a priority, but sometimes LIFE derails us until we are just existing, not thriving together. To that end, here are my goals in no particular order, just as they are coming to mind.
Personal Goals: include, but are not limited to:
~Losing 20-25 pounds this year with portion control, walking/elliptical/cardio 3x per week, WATER every day and more veggies.
~Writing a letter a week. At least

~Read a book a week. A book for me, not a read aloud with the kids, or an educational book, or a book I feel like I *should* read. A book that I want to read, for personal pleasure or a how-to book on a topic I am interested in reading. (yes, I'm a speed reader, so this really should be no problem)

~At least once a month, do something just for myself. Take a trip to Starbucks to blog, get a massage, say no to an 'obligation' so I can goof off, go to the movies by myself, take a walk, browse the bookstore without the grabby monkeys with me, etc. Things that keep me centered, and able to co-parent the Man Crew and live this crazy life I love. 
Spiritual Goals:
~Read through the Bible in a year
~Be active in our BREAD group on Facebook

~Be more proactive/mindful in my prayer life
~Get more comfortable saying, "How's your walk with Jesus this week?" And, "How can I pray for you today?"

Couple Goals:
~Read a book about marriage 3 times a year
~Go on an actual date with Dan every 8 weeks (I am trying to be reasonable)

~Re-read The 5 Love Languages and become fluent in Dan's language.

Financial Goals:
~Stay on top of the bills (I totally stink at this, so it's a challenge)
~Create an emergency fund of $1000

~Complete the 52 week money challenge (I should save $1378 by increasing the amount I put in each week by $1)
~Keep our grocery budget at $150 or lower each week, which will be a trick with our current household size of 7.

Schooling Goals:
~Finish the year on time...don't get bogged down by every little distraction
~Find ways to keep DT's interest instead of just slogging through the work each day

~Help D figure out what he's doing this school year (He's barely started school for the year yet. *le sigh*) and what he wants to do after this year.
~Encourage P to continue to be self motivated to get school done. He's managing his own schooling this year. I'm really pleased!

Family goals:
~Reinstate FAMILY game night, not just 'everyone' game night. I'm missing homemade pizza and just my family around the game table.
~Watch less TV and do more activities together outside

~Spend some one on one time with each child every week. (I tend to get caught up in the herd mentality since there are always so many here, but that lets my own children fall through the cracks, and that's not ok)


OK, so there are more than even I though there were. Oops. However, I'm aiming high this year. Keep me accountable, friends. I'll try to post about once a month to keep you updated.
     ~Kristy~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...