Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Hello friends hither and yon! I'm back from my travelling days and ready to get back to our regular meeting times. Let's start with an old favorite of mine.
For today...June 7, 2011 (Where IS this year going?)
Outside my window...the sun blazes down with intensity, the temp soars to over 100* and a dry wind blows. However, the flowers bloom, the veggies stretch for more sun and the kiddies play.
I am thinking...that homeschooling is the best thing ever.
I am thankful for...boys that play together so nicely most of the time.
From the learning rooms...reading, spelling lists, copious amounts of reading, and science video classes to round out the year.
From the kitchen...right now, a roast simmers away in the crock pot. Other tasties this week include fresh bread (yum~O) a cookout, pizza, breakfast for dinner, popcorn and a veggie tray, and BBQ sammies from the leftover roast.
I am wearing...brown knit capris, a peach t shirt, ankle socks and tennies.
I am creating...a Martha house the Mary Way. Check out the e-book titled "31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way"
I am going...to get slimmer : ) Even if it kills me. I started P90X yesterday. ouch.
I am reading...the aforementioned e-book, an annotated copy of the Constitution (which is taking forever since it takes me a long time to understand it little bits at a time) "What Would the Founders Say? (Also taking forever, same reason) and new new TOS magazine : )
I am hoping...that P90X gets easier, but I'm not holding my breath, that dinner is tasty, and that I'll make it through my to do list today.
I am hearing...Tommy Walker from the stereo, boys whispering to each other, the dryer tumbling clothes, Shadow barking at the garbage truck and the ceiling fans pushing around cool air. Praise God for Central Air : )
Around the house...all is clean, for now.
A few plans for the rest of the week...taking D back and forth to gym, finishing the homeschool week, working out with Dan each day, Sam's Club trip tomorrow, game night, and a BBQ with friends. Life is good!
A picture thought I am sharing with you... being the mother of boys is not for the faint of heart. Just sayin'


If you enjoy this style of post, come take a peek into the lives of other daybookers over at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com and maybe even join in : )

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Whoa! I didn't know you had a monkey in the house! That is some good climbing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...