Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010~Weekly Question #1

This is a quote from www.callapidderdays.com
"I mentioned in the Fall Into Reading 2010 launch post that every Tuesday this fall, I will post a question about reading. Why am I doing this? Well, for one thing, I love reading and talking about reading with others. And for another, I thought it would be a great way to keep Fall Into Reading participants connected throughout the course of the challenge.

So without further ado, here’s your first question, and my answer.

What do you think is the biggest obstacle to your reading? What prevents you from reading as much as you’d like?
Oh dear...why DON'T I read as much as I would like to? Hmmmm....good question. I read the comments already on the post and while I do spend more time than necessary on the computer, I still have time to read. While others claimed not being able to shut out the background noise to concentrate of the book...but I have the opposite problem when I read. I can't shut out the book to hear what's going on around me in real life : )
At this exact moment in my world, I AM reading as much as I would like. Dan is out of town and after the boys head to bed, my time is my own. So I can read, gab on the phone, scrapbook, blog or just hang out on Facebook without concern of shortchanging the hubby. In my 'normal' life though, I don't have much time to read for extended periods of time. So I read for 5 minutes here and there, or a chapter or two as a break from physical chores around the house. It may not be much, but little bits of time, used wisely can certainly add up.
What it all boils down to in the long run is whether I MAKE time to read or not. Sometimes, I'd rather stare at FB and feel like someone is on the other side of the screen. Sometimes, I'd rather go to bed early, visit with hubby, play with the boys or try to 'get ahead' on the chores around the house and reading takes a backseat in priority. But, for the time being, with some extra time to read at night...I'm going to take full advantage of the chance to read as much as I would like. What great timing : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...