Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Bro. John!

Right now I wish I was in IL with all of you at Bro John's 60th birthday party. I've been trying to formulate a letter to have put in his scrapbook, but the words fail me...and we all know how often that happens! How do you say thank you to a man that has been such a huge influence in your life? How do you find the words to tell him how you feel about the impact he has made? John Hover has been a rock in my life for over 16 years now. He's been my pastor, a mentor, a confidante, a big brother, a father, a marriage counsellor and most of all a friend to me. I've been best friends with his daughter(s), thought about marrying his son, worked for him, with him and around him. He has taken me places, helped me accomplish things I didn't know I could do, given me responsibility I didn't know I could handle and then praised me when I did well. He's laughed at me, near me and with me. He's scolded, harangued and harassed me when my attitude was out of line. Remember that he's know me since I was 18...I've grown up a bit since then, I hope! He has brought me into his family as a full fledged daughter, even thought we all laugh and say that I must be the milkman's daughter since I was born while he was in jail. Anyway, I suppose suffice it to say that I adore him and wish him the happiest birthday ever and may this year be his best yet. Bro John, I love you!
Your littlest one,
Kristy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...