Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, September 29, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 272


I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  •  A day spent almost completely at home. As often as we strive for them, in this busy busy busy culture, an at-home day is a gift. DT is still really embracing the idea of Sabbath, even though to him it just means a day at home to do whatever he wants. ;)
  • Dan was helping Roger, Teresa, and Karen move into their new home, so it was just DT and I most of the day. I'm glad he's willing to help friends and family with whatever he can. The tv was on, but quiet, and DT took breaks often to help me with things or head out into the sunshine for a bit. I even snuck in listening to a CD or two while DT was otherwise occupied.
  • I chatted on the phone with my mom for over an hour about her recent trip to Ohio, life around here, and just stuff. I miss her. I'm grateful for technology that helps the miles between us seem shorter.
  • I accomplished several small projects that had been lingering on my to do list all week, like getting out the Autumn decorations and putting away the Summer ones, catching up on ALL of the dishes, 'helping' DT get his room cleaner and giving the rats a bath, folding some laundry, adding several books and a few items of clothing to the donation box, cleaning the bathroom and scrubbing the counters. Little things, but as a whole, made the house feel ready for Autumn and clean.
  • When Dan came home from helping them move, he painted my nails so I would sit still next to him while he watched a movie. Oh my goodness, I love this man. He just wants me to sit by him. (Hello, quality time love language)
  • I helped Ricky draft an email to fire his current lawyer, which was the only reason I left the house. I spent an hour at The Hooligan House eating pizza, laughing over the guys' love language quiz results, drafting the email, and generally enjoying myself quite a bit. I got to hug Carolina and Judah, have a chat with Johnny, and listen to Alex put everyone in their place a time or two. Good stuff. 
  • When I returned home, Dan and I watched a few episodes of This Is Us, season 2. Netflix DVD service is awesome. It really IS the Little Things.
See how easy it is to come up with things once you start looking around?
What's on YOUR little things list?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...