Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What do I do all day while working at Acton Academy?

 A day in the life of this #JillOfAllTrades

What do I do at the office all day, you ask? Most days, I scamper from task to task, “snoopervising” young students while they work on their core skills during the morning hours, sanitizing tables, heating lunches, cleaning up spills, settling arguments, sanitizing more things, reminding students to “mask up”, ordering supplies, answering emails, filing electronic documents, proofreading and editing posts before they post to the school’s private platform, telling students to use their “walking feet” in the building, searching for lost documents in the school’s huge Google drive, packing and mailing packages, ferrying supplies from studio to studio, organizing closets, emailing parents about missing paperwork, making copies and binding/sorting/hole-punching/placing them in the correct student folder, calling places to make maintenance appointments, answering the door 7-12 times per day, and occasionally having a chat with the custodian. (Basically, it is like being an at-home parent of 87 homeschoolers, LOL)
This week, I’m continuing my work on an enormous cutting, laminating, and re-cutting project from late last week. So here’s a peek into today...
a set of sight words ready to be cut apart, enjoying Pandora for tunes interspersed with the You Version app reading me my daily Bible chapters, the view out my office window, me, and the sight words being laminated. This set takes 3+ hours to cut, laminate, and re-cut. There are 17 sets. Guess who is getting some overtime this week?





































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...