Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, January 31, 2021

2021 Goals: End of January Update

 I'll add updates and/or cross things off so we can all track my progress this year. 


I have many goals this year after a few years of actively doing less and I'm rearing to go. I'll add this list in the coming days and then offer a once a month update post.

Spiritual Goals:     

~Read the whole Bible this year. I'm using the YouVersion app to help me do this in a timely fashion. Doing great on this
~Pray from a list Yes!
~Attend Church and Community Group either in person or virtually, as Corona allows.

~Read and work through "The Road Back to You" an Enneagram book from a Christian perspective.

Health Goals:     

~Continue to shed inches through smaller portions, more movement, more veggies and more water. My year end goal to be down to single digit pants size and a M top. 
~Make taking my supplements a daily habit. Haven't missed a day all month
~Avoid late night snacking. This was difficult, but I'm doing well.
~Be able to run up a flight of stairs at Acton without becoming winded.
~Take a long hike once a month. (A Mountain, Dripping Springs, Carlsbad Caverns, The Catwalk, Aguirre Springs, etc.)

Personal Goals:   

~Read every single day, and I'm starting with books I already own. I can't purchase any more until I've read those. *Kindle books don't count as purchases if I get them free* Even if I only manage 15 minutes a day, I'm loving reading daily again.
~Blog daily. Eep, it's shocking how quickly I feel like I ran out of things to say. LOL
~Make 25 recipes out of my new cookbooks, Cast Iron Cooking and the Tasty Cookbook.
~Participate in No Pants April 2021 and 100 Happy Days 2021
~Buy a handgun and take a safety course.
~New Ink: The MeYeR Man Crew and The Grand Crew- paid for by PattyCakes
~Get passports for the family
~Conquer FSA syndrome by clearing a Flat Surface Area every month, and maintain all other FSAs from previous months.
This month's goal was the movable island that David and Makenzie gave me. DONE! Next month's goal is the table in the office.  

Marriage and Family Goals:    

~Long weekend trip to Grand Canyon- if Corona Allows
~Celebrate 25 year anniversary in August
~Continue with weekly Pizza and Movie Nights These are so much fun!
~Visit IL at least once this year
~Dan and I Question Of The Day book daily Dan doesn't like the book and doesn't want to participate. I'll replace this with a personal journal next month.
~Date Night once a month Or, a date morning. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at The Shed this month. 
~Game Nights weekly Yes! 

Financial Goals:     

~Refill our emergency fund 
~Spend our Tax Refund wisely on home improvements, adding to our savings, and extra principal on our mortgage Making plans is an important first step
~Save money weekly according to my printout in my planner Yes
~Do a No-Spend January BOOM, Baby! 
~Pantry Challenge in January We owned it!
~Stock Pantry with 6 months of staples We are holding off on this goal until after we purchase another large wire shelving unit and a few more 5 gallon buckets with gamma seals to hold the bounty. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...