Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, January 30, 2021

A Well Planned Day...that didn't turn out as I expected.

 My plan for today was to get up early, get all my housekeeping tasks out of the way before noon, and then spend the afternoon hiking Dripping Springs, followed by a relaxing evening at home with Hercules and Slick.

Instead, I slept in, checked the weather and decided to hike tomorrow, skipped morning chores in favor of a delightful breakfast at The Shed with Hercules, and then I headed home while he continued to a friend’s house to help them with a project. I spent the afternoon doing chores, listening in on a Zoom conference, working on a few more chores, chatting with friends, handling a few more chores, and settling in with a late dinner of bacon-filled grilled cheese as taught to me by Dave Bechtel (Anyone heard from him in the last 20 years? I lost track of him). Somehow, I have a few chores left since I have what my friend
Laura
calls “Lifestyle-Induced ADD” which causes me to start 37 things and finish none of them. And so, I shall spend the next hour or so finishing up everything I already started, and then either read until Dan comes home, or head to bed early to catch up on some sleep I missed earlier this week.
Also, I’ll add a few pictures I took this week and haven’t shared yet.
This is exactly what cleaning is like for me. 

Beautiful Skies in NM

A little frost makes everything prettier

Happy Tummy

My Girls are laying again! 

The very last sight word is now laminated

School should be like this every day, don't you agree?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...