Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Jill Of All Trades Confessions

 #JillOfAllTradesConfessions: Hilarious conversations with children are the best part of my job. Here's one from today.
Child: Uhh, Miss Kristy, your eyes look weird today.
Miss Kristy: *conspiratorial whisper* Thank you. It's because I have bat poop on my eyelashes. *flutters mascara-laden lashes*
Child: Bat poop, wait, what? No, your EYES look weird. Like sparkly or shiny somehow. (Oh my gosh, I LOVE this kiddo!)
Miss Kristy: I know. It's because I'm wearing mascara today, and I normally don't.
Frustrated Child: No, I am NOT looking at your eyelashes. Your eyes look different.
Miss Kristy: Normally my eyelashes are blonde and you don't notice them, so you don't notice my eyes. But today, I have on mascara and it makes you notice my lashes, which draws attention to my eyes.
Child: Why do women wear that gunk on their faces? (Have I mentioned I adore this child? Bless him!)
Miss Kristy: Because we want men to look at us and think we are pretty. And you just did, so see? It works! *triumphant fist pump*


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...