Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life~ Day 8



Today's focus is to keep your goals IN SIGHT, not in your head, tucked away on a list somewhere that you never see, or under a pile of clutter that you never get around to cleaning up. Thursday started out tough for me and only got more hectic throughout the day. To be honest, it was what I generally call a 'train wreck' day. Nothing went right, nothing of much value got accomplished and I was quite discouraged about it. However, I want to be authentic about my journey towards discipline, so here are my 'results' for the day.
Assignment 1: Small Habit (go for a walk as soon as Dan leaves for work during the week):
FAIL: Had a little one here that we do NOT turn our back on, let alone leave the house while they are in residence. I will report that I did get that walk in later in the day, so I suppose that means it's only half a fail? LOL, I didn't do it in the morning, but I did eventually get it done. I suppose I can deal with that.
Assignment 2: Continue with Life Hack
HUGE FAIL: Woke up to a messy kitchen. I had been out and about the evening before and I just went to bed instead of spending 10 minutes setting it back to rights. Very discouraging after doing so well up until now.
Assignment 3: Mega-ProjectFAIL: Never even went into the project room Thursday. I don't want to talk about it. LOL!

Thanks for coming along on the journey with me, even on the days when I fall off the wagon and subsequently get run over by said wagon. :) If you are interested in joining us, look here for today's assignments and how to join. http://www.servingjoyfully.com/2012/11/07/day-8-where-are-you-going/
    Blessings, ~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...