Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Into Reading Question #5


What about you? Are you dedicated to reading every word (even the boring ones)? Or have you been known to skim over some passages?
Ummm, may I please plead the 5th on this one? As a parent, and especially as a teacher that insists my students read every last word, even the super boring parts, I want to say that of course I read every last word, including the dedication, the appendix and the table of contents. However, that would not be truth, and truth is more important that skimming over a few paragraphs, right? RIGHT. So, in honesty, I have to say that sometimes if the writer goes off on a tangent, or starts describing the scenery in flowery terms or worse yet, if it's a historical fiction book and they spend 3 pages setting the scene for a gory war battle, I skip that and move on in a hurry. Generally speaking though, I plod through even that, lest I miss some tidbit that might be relevant later. : ) Another great question!
If you are enjoying these questions and want to join the fun, head over to www.callapiddardays.com and sign up for Fall Into Reading 2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...