- Monday~ Spaghetti with meat sauce, and some fresh bread
- Tuesday~ Chicken Stew topped with biscuits
- Wednesday~ Fish sticks and fries (even at 20, it's about the only way I can get 'Shua to eat fish)
- Thursday~ Cheesy Hamburger Mac
- Friday~ Pizza, Chopped veggies and dip, chips
- Saturday~ We are going to the Hatch Chile Festival. (Hatch is the chile capital of the world and it's about 45 minutes from the house...we are going as our anniversary outing)
- Sunday~ Lasagna, Dan requested it and some salad and garlic bread
I am wearing...my nightgown since I'm headed right back to bed : )
I am creating...travel plans, a better budget since we've outmoded our last one, and a happy marriage.
I am going...probably only to work this week. As 'Shua's marriage grows ever closer, I am cherishing the 'parenting' of him for this last little bit of time. So this week will (hopefully) hold a few heart to heart chats, lots of laughs and PLENTY of motherly advice.
I am reading...A Wife After God's Own Heart By Elizabeth George. Although some of her advice doesn't sit well with me since it insists that I give up a few of my poor habits and attitudes, since it comes straight from the Bible, there's not much wiggle room in there. Better choices, Kristy!
I am hoping...that I can learn all the songs for the wedding so that I don't embarrass the happy couple or myself at the wedding.
I am hearing...the ceiling fans. The early morning quiet reminds me of why I like to get up before the boys and have a few minutes to think, pray and contemplate the day. Feels good!
Around the house...travel plans to be finalized, laundry to fold, kitchen counters to clean and the whole house could use a once over. All in all, not too bad.
A few plans for the rest of the week...IF I can swing it, I want to get to the farmer's market this week...there is so much to be learned, discovered and tasted there...yum~O! I want to get the boys room back to normal, not really sure WHAT happened down there. I also want to get the play/back room back to where it's not a safety violation. THEN, I need to put together a small get together for Labor Day. Between that and working 3 nights this week...I think I'll stay busy
A picture thought I am sharing with you...I miss my Patrick! 10 weeks is a long time to be away from your mama when you are only 10 years old. I know my parents are taking great care of him....but I still MISSSSSSSS him!
If you are drawn to the simple life, or just want to read more blogs like this post, check out the delightful Miss Peggy's site over at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com ENJOY!